Leveling a SPARC Unit
This procedure will level the unit by evenly adjusting the weight on the rear feet. Leveling the unit will elimiate rocking during use.
- 1/2" open-end wrench
- 9/16" open-end wrench
Leveling the unit
Note: References to left and right are from the user's perspective during use.
- Verify foot plates are completely stopped.
- Grasp one side of the frame and slowly lift the rear foot off the floor. Lower rear foot to the floor.
|3||Left rear foot||1|
|4||Right rear foot||1|
- Grasp the other side of the frame and slowly lift the rear foot off the floor. Lower rear foot to the floor. Make note if either rear foot lifting off the floor is easier than the other.
If both rear feet lift off the floor evenly, secure both leveling foot jam nuts against the frame post using a 9/16" open-end wrench. Unit is leveled.
|4||Turn counter-clockwise to secure||1|
- Adjust the weight of the rear feet using a 1/2" open-end wrench.
- If the left rear foot lifts up easier, adjust the right leveling foot nut down.
- If the right rear foot lifts up easier, adjust the left leveling foot nut down.
|2||Leveling foot nut||1|
|4||Turn clockwise to adjust leveling foot down||1|
- Test the unit again for uneven weight on the rear feet. Adjust leveling foot nuts until each rear foot lifts with even force.
- Secure both jam nuts using a 9/16" open-end wrench. Unit is leveled.
Download as a PDF.
View the SPARC owner's manual.